About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vet School...




GO COUGS! WSU is a such an awesome campus and Pullman is a beautiful area. After arriving and unpacking two weekends ago I headed off to COLE which is cougar orientation leadership experience...aka Girls Camp. Me and the other 103 members of the Veterinary class of 2015 headed up to Post Falls, ID. (5 miles outside of Couer d'Alene) There is a baptist camp there that is set up to inspire leadership, bonding, and team building. We spend 2.5 days listening to lectures on how to be think outside the box, put down the competitiveness, and help each other through Vet school. There were definitely some team building activities such as climbing over walls, walking on tight ropes, and navigating through mazes. Sadly, there were no trust falls. I was looking forward to them! I know I sound sarcastic while saying all this and well... I was but it was a really great experience. It forced all 104 soon to be vet students to stop being competitive and realize the race is over, we all got in. Now it is time to help each other out and push each other to be better. It also gave us a chance to get to know each other before we stepped into class on the first day of vet school! I was ready to be home after 2.5 days but it was really fun. After I came home late Wednesday night we headed up to Spokane on Thursday to pick up my dad from the airport. We explored the city of Spokane for a while and ate some great food. We were able to find the Spokane Temple which is nestled in the middle of a subdivision just like in Utah. It is tiny but still beautiful. Friday we spend the day being typical College orientation family. We took a tour of the Veterinary school and teaching hospital, toured WSU campus, hit up the book store where my mother bought anything she could that said WSU and VETERINARY SCHOOL! It felt like I was in kindergarten getting ready for school, several stops to the book store, picked up my coveralls, got new muck boots, found my scrubs and of course the school supplies. Friday afternoon was the official "White Coat Ceremony". It is a celebration to welcome our class into the profession and congratulate us on all of our hard work. It was so exciting to finally feel official and to allow this accomplishment to set in. My parents and Travis were there to support me and I was so grateful for that. Saturday we decided to venture up to Couer d'Alene and tour the area that we will be living around for the next 4 years. We happen to arrive during the national annual wooden boat show. Lining the docks all around the Couer d'Alene resort were 150 old restored wooden boats. They were beautifully restored and functional. We meandered our way back to Pullman taking the scenic byways. It was a blast to have drive around the area with my parents and show them where we live. We were able to try out all the local cuisine..which was hit and miss but mostly good! Sunday we drove my parents back to the airport and said good bye! We are now all set up to start our new "adventure" and we are ready. Thank you to both of our parents for getting us all settled in!
Bonding time at COLE
Wooden boats in Couer d'Alene
Spokane Falls
White Coat Ceremony
Go Cougs!
My friends from Undergrad that are going here too! Us and our spouses are our new little family!!
Yay first day of Vet school!
My ride to school!

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Godderidge- Yay you're a vet! Pretty much :) Also I want your bike. Really bad. And you're ginormous cute house. LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete