About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Last Week...

I have been so sad all week knowing it is my last one, but looking forward to meeting my mom and sister in Paris is exciting. Monday at the clinic was crazy busy, we had clients coming in constantly. It is so cool to have such a huge variety of cases going on, we had a colic mule, contracted tendons, dystocia, prolapsed uterus, septic joint, and a fracture all being treated at the same time. It was 8 o'clock at night before we even headed back to the house. The vet's here are so patient with me and are great teachers. I continue to get great hands on experience. This week the Fondouk held their monthly rounds with Tufts University from the States via skype. It's pretty cool to hear the input of all the veterinarians and students in the U.S. of our cases. I got thrown into it and had to present my case to the everyone and the students at Tufts. I was not prepared for this and was super nervous but it was very relaxed and ended up being really fun!
With it being my last week, every night was a celebration! Tuesday night, we went into the Medina for some more shopping and we made friends with a great shopkeeper who invited us in for mint tea. We continued to wander the medina getting lost about every other turn, but that is half the fun. I love finding new shops and new alleyways. We decided to splurge and my friend Huda took us to this amazing restaurant in this hotel tucked into the medina. It's amazing that behind this dingy looking doors are these beautiful gardens and houses. The restaurant had huge trees and stunning lilies!  One night during the week Anna ( the vet from South Africa) and I decided to have a BBQ for everyone, so we headed to the store and gathered supplies. We may have also made a quick stop at McDonalds for a snack...and ice cream. It was so fun to BBQ out in our garden by the pool. Our BBQ turned into giving all of our supplies to Koutar to put a moroccan twist on, this was the best decision ever! The food turned out amazing. My last night we had another feast of Moroccan dishes and bread. I was getting really sad to leave! Friday is always cous cous in Morocco and luckily my flight didn't leave until AFTER lunch on Friday so I was able to sit down with everyone and have our last cous cous. I had an unbelievable time at the American Fondouk and made some life long friends. I can't wait to go back and bring my family with me to share the experience. The people at the Fondouk are doing an incredible thing for the animals in Fes and I am so grateful I was able to be a part of it. I will continue to keep in touch with these great people and I want to thank them for all they taught me. I will be back! Now onto the next adventure... Paris!
Shopping the handcrafted merchandise

Inside a house in the medina

I have been able to do several opthalmic exams

I helped removed this tumor...still pending what kind it was.

Azami! Our resident ferrier.

Contracted tendon before surgery...this mule had been working on this for 6 months up until he was brought in
After cutting the deep digital flexor tendon

My loud obnoxious donkey with incredibly long ears!

A stork that had been dropped off on our door.

Tonya, me and Anna in the shop for mint tea

Lilies! 


The fee here amaze me...


McDonald's snack 

BBQ!

I truly fell in love with this Girl! Huda!

My bandaging skills are getting pretty good.

Moroccan Feast for my last night!

Koutar, Me and Hanane

Our Giant south african friend!

Dr. Simon

Houria, Me, Touria, and Koutar

My Moroccan Family!

I bought a watermelon for our last farewell.

My final Cous Cous!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was hoping you could answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete