About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

End of Week 2...

It has been a crazy few weeks but very exciting! I have been able to get some serious practical experience here doing nerve blocks, tapping joints looking for infection, lots of bandage changes, physical exams, opthalmology exams and lots of more. The staff here continues to be amazing! I am learning so much from all of them. They teach me arabic and french and I help them with their english, needless to say we have very entertaining conversations! I have fallen in love with the city, and have enjoyed exploring all the new things. I haven't been as good taking pictures of all of our cases because it's so busy during the day working with all of the different animals coming in with many different ailments but here are a few from the week. I usually re order the pictures so that they make sense or are in chronological order but the internet is slow and I'm over this blog so I'm going to caption them as is...warning some are gross.
This mule has a huge access in it's neck that shot across the room when we lanced it. Pretty cool.

I made dinner for the house...american classic...Mac N Cheese with BBQ beef.

This poor donkey was in last week for a bite wound from another donkey to the leg and now a new one to the...ahem... testicle.

These stallions are beautiful...they paint them with Henna for decoration

We found these parasites in the nose of a donkey! I have  a video too...it moves.


We headed into the Medina to find the tanneries and we walked through the metal making district, they make beautiful things.

A donkey waiting for it's owner in the medina. 


The river running through the medina

The leather shops are amazing and the colors are great!

Tanneries, the hides go in the white first then dipped in the colors, 3-5 weeks for each hide.

The shop keeper kept pushing that I buy a leather jacket...because you know I have such a use for one.


More metal district.

Me and Hanane trying to find the concert 
Mehdi and I laughing at dinner

Our view of the dinner from the medina

Hanane, Me, and Mehdi at dinner in the medina


Baby donkey follows us everywhere...including to the pool

Moroccan Pastilla...a friend quesadilla thing with powder sugar and cinnamon on top...sweet and salty... pretty good.
Also, I had to say a FINAL good bye to this kid via Skype...I am proud of him and going to miss him like crazy but he is where he is supposed to be. Love you HTolbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment