About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Martin Luther King Day...


In the spirit of blogging about the Holidays we can't forget about the ultimate one..MLK day! Nothing like easing into the semester like a three day weekend just two week in. I was feeling a little sad knowing that my ski days were most likely done for the year. Washington was getting tons of snow which was making it worse. We then decided that there are several great ski resorts in Washington and Vet school doesn't mean we can't have a life! So we got together with our go to vacation couple, the Whitakers and planned a ski weekend at Schweitzer Resort just north of Coeur D'Alene, ID. The downside is we had to rent equipment, that's right RENT, something I have never done in my life. I was trying really hard to not be a ski snob when the rental shop brought out rear entry boots with plastic buckles. I harnessed my chi and accepted the fact that our sub par boots skis and poles was going to be fine! I herded the crew together bright and early at 5:45 Saturday morning to make the 3 hour trek north. I made sure all the essentials were accomplished for the perfect ski day, Early start, donuts, The EAGLES, fresh groomers, LUNCH RUN with chili cheese fries and of course skiing real fast. We had the ultimate day. I was sad Brit wasn't able to join us for the skiing but she was there for the important parts. After skiing till the lifts closed we had the luxury of grabbing dinner at the resort and sleeping in the lodge. It was so nice not having to drive home exhausted. Sleeping in and having a leisure start was just what we needed. I think we will have to make MLK ski trips a tradition! 
           







Our high end Rental equipment
 








1 comment:

  1. I skiied Schweitzer in January too!! Such a ridiculously beautiful place and not bad snow either! Love that you're doing fun things (despite marriage and grad school, haha). Keep it up, girl.

    ReplyDelete