About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Louisiana...

I had to opportunity to attend the SAVMA symposium at Louisiana State University Vet School. This is a conference for veterinary students full of lectures, wet labs, booths, and competitions. Some friends and I were able to compete in Bovine palpation, sadly we didn't make it very far in the competition but it was a blast. Only vet students fly across the country to attend more lectures but it really was worth it. I learned a ton and had so much fun, sounds like a win win. We were also able to head into New Orleans for a few hours and wander the french quarter. Such a fun and dirty place. It was great to walk around and eat some fabulous food. As a part of the conference we were introduced to some amazing louisiana cuisine! I'll be the first to admit that I am a huge fan of crawfish! I would have never guessed it but it is delicious. Most of the pictures are of food but it is no secret that I am the ultimate fat kid and the best part of going anywhere is the food and Louisiana did not disappoint! 

The BEST biscuits N' gravy I have every had.


Alligator Tail, Gumbo, Shrimp Creole, Praline N Cream ice cream

Running along the Mississippi.


Crawfish, spicy corn, spicy potatoes, gumbo


SO MUCH CRAWFISH
I see you!

Closing banquet.


No comments:

Post a Comment