About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Monday, October 1, 2012

Travis...

First things first...I am not one to write gushy obnoxious blogs about how in love I am with my husband (which I am) or how incredibly good looking he is, how kind, selfless,generous, blah, blah, blah...really it gets nauseating. I mean I'm not opposed to those who do because it is extremely entertaining to read with friends and have a good laugh.  I may not be writing a gagging tribute but I am going to give credit where credit is due.
 I have this frustrating idea of what I am supposed to do as a wife. You know, cook, clean, do laundry etc. etc. but I am not that great at any of those things. I spend so much time at school or studying or thinking about studying that I don't exactly get to the vacuuming every week. I get stressed about it so I come home late and begin cleaning... Travis interjects and says he can do it tomorrow, then the guilt rides in about how I'm a terrible wife, and most of the time I take it out on him and the cycle continues. Well, I cam home saturday evening after being at the school since 7:30 and walked into a sparkling kitchen, folded laundry, and clean bathrooms. I immediately got upset because I am supposed to be the one to do that, not him! I had it all planned out, I take my test on Monday, head to the grocery store, cook dinner, then clean the house. How dare he mess up my plan!  Then it hit me...I'm NOT a terrible wife I just have a good husband. So I have realized it's not that I suck...he is just that awesome. With the risk of being "that" blogger, I want to give credit to my amazing husband who cooks, cleans, and does laundry while I'm buried with school. I am so grateful for him and find myself pretty darn lucky.  To clarify before anyone gets the wrong idea, Travis gets his payback by playing ridiculous amounts of golf. He can play all the golf he wants if he continues to bail me out of domestic duties every once in a while (don't tell him I said that). Travis thank you and I love you.

1 comment: