About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Coffee Table...


Oh hello! We have had a crazy two weeks and are so grateful for the break! Travis started his new job and I had my first round of midterms. Basically we didn't see each other for 9 days! Travis is loving his new job and more importantly they are loving him! I survived my tests and might possibly have done well! The few days before Travis' job started he decided to get in his last little project. We were out on a Sunday drive a few weeks ago and we drove past an antique store with some things sitting out front. It was closed but had a slot in the door that said "slip your money through the door and take what you need"! It was so funny how trusting these little towns are. We looked around the antiques outside and found this really cool old barn door. Travis was convinced he needed to make something out of it. We left and he kept contimplating it... When I came home from school on monday it was sitting our back deck. He had already gone to work on it. With the start date of his job coming up he had to get started. There was a bit of a glitch during the process. Travis may have got a little overzealous with his brand new chisel he was using to smooth the edges. After a trip to the urgent care and a refusal to let me practice my surgery skills, sanding, hammering, more sanding, assembling and staining we have 9 stitches and a new coffee table! See pictures below
Before:


After:






2 comments:

  1. Very very nice table! Kevin might have puked a little in his mouth when he saw the picture of TJ's hand. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! TJ's so handy. Tell him to make one for me too. ;) But maybe not hurt himself this time. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete