About Me

My photo
I am from Heber Ut and Travis is from Farmington Ut. We both graduated from Utah State University and now live in Pullman, WA. I am currently attending Vet School at WSU and Travis is working as a commodities purchaser at Schweitzer Engineering here in Pullman. We will be here for the next four years and LOVE IT!

Great Recipe Blog

Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

BIG NEWS...

Alright, so as most people know I have been working toward becoming a Veterinarian my entire life. This summer I started the application process which is a giant pain. But the applications were in October 1st and the waiting began.I applied to 10 different schools all across the country. The leads being the schools in the west, Washing, Oregon, and Colorado but we were not going to be picky. The beginning of December I received an invitation to interview at Ohio State University! I flew out there just before Christmas and interviewed with the board of admissions. Two days before Christmas I received an acceptance letter!!!!! I could not have been more THRILLED! It was such a huge pressure relieved, I GOT in. Two weeks after Christmas I received even better news. I was awarded WICHE funding! WICHE is a government funding program for professional schools. They provide funding to cover my out-of-state tuition costs for three schools out west, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado.. This funding is awarded to four students out of the pool of 30-35 applicants across Utah. With this I received admission to all three schools!! We couldn't be more excited!! Travis and I have some BIG decisions to make on which school we will be heading to! So Please feel free to place your vote, all will be taken into consideration!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats babe that's such a HUGE accomplishment! I would go to either Washington or Colorado, but hey I'm sure it will be great where ever you decide! Please remember us little people back home, maybe put in a good word and get my butt in school too? Pretty please :) Anyways, awesome job you'll be a great vet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freaking awesome. I'm living vicariously through you and your upcoming travels! And really, our vet is a chic and she's the BEST vet ever. Seriously. She let me cry for 2 freaking hours in her office while I decided whether or not to put our stupid cat down. You're going to be just as cute and awesome as her. I already know it. Ask Kday, he'll tell you about my psychic abilities :)

    ReplyDelete